The Center for Autism and Dyslexia is an education program serving the instructional and behavioral needs of students in a supportive and structured environment. We meet the instructional and behavioral needs of students with exceptionalities through a program designed to focus on personalized academic and behavioral goals so that students can return to a less restrictive educational setting.
The Center for Autism and Dyslexia is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Understanding and acclimating to the teacher’s routine in order to provide classroom coverage.
- Working with all students in the building to promote their learning and pro-social development.
- In the event a student becomes a threat to themselves or others, it will be imperative that you provide support including the use of physical intervention techniques.
- Assisting with parent communication to keep them informed about their child’s development and any recent behavioral issues.
- Overall, general supervision within hallways, classrooms, cafeterias, and school yards will be the daily priority.
Requires a High School Diploma. College experience and or the completion of a bachelor’s degree preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
Candidates for this position must be able and willing to conduct their work both in person as well as virtually, based on the requirements of their state, program or client, with or without reasonable accommodation