After-School Teacher: Small Group Intervention/K-8/Part-Time (Germantown)
Be a part of the Catapult Learning team to make a difference! We are looking for qualified and experienced Intervention Teachers in SW Tennessee.
- In-person instruction at a private school in Memphis (Germantown)
- Part-time schedules after regular school hours (8-10 hours per week; Monday - Thursday 3:15p-5:15p)
- Small group intervention (Tier 2) in both Reading and Math
- Working with grade bands of K-8 students
- Great opportunity for new, experienced, and retired teachers alike
Our intervention teachers use a prescribed curriculum and the gradual release model of instruction to help students address their identified skill deficits and reach on-level academic success. We know you have options; we are different! This is the career for you.
Our Teachers Enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Company support and quality assurance from both local and national support teams
- Complete package of curriculum, teaching materials, and supplies provided
- Paid training and planning/prep time
- Reimbursement for coursework related to recertification
- Consistent schedules
- Growth potential
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students
Teacher Job Duties:
- Instruct Reading/ELA and Math to small groups of students in multiple grade levels in a face-to-face school setting with a focus on intervention.
- Deliver designated instructional models in readiness, reading, mathematics, and writing skills to eligible students through utilization of company-designed materials and educational strategies.
- Utilize company-provided curriculum to develop and maintain individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensure supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from classrooms/learning stations. Climbing stairs and light lifting may be required.
- Perform data entry in a timely fashion to meet deadlines (student attendance, online pre/post testing, progress reports, parent and classroom teacher communication forms, compliance documentation).
- Schedule and attend parent meetings/conferences.
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by company, local, state, and federal agencies.
- Maintain consistent communication with company supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or higher
- Teaching Certificate preferred
- Classroom teaching, internship, and/or tutoring experience
- Willingness and ability to teach both Math and Reading/ELA to various grade levels
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Zoom/Teams preferred
- A passion to help students!
About Catapult Learning:
Our company is a provider of K−12 contracted instructional services to public and private schools throughout the US, specializing in at-risk youth and students who are struggling; we are a company with over 40 years of excellence in education. We adhere to 5 corporate values that embody our company culture: Transparent, Decisive, Humble, Accountable, Inclusive.
JOIN THE CATAPULT FAMILY TODAY!