Be an important part of the 5,600 educators and healthcare professionals employed by Catapult Learning. We are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral and social-emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage, no matter the child’s individual circumstance. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for at-risk and struggling youth, including those with learning and emotional disabilities. In doing so, we play a truly crucial role in the lives of children, their families and their communities. Our purpose drives performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
The Director of Academics is responsible for academic excellence within the region/territory (NYC). The Director owns the vision and plan for academic excellence and its implementation, manages activities to measure the impact of academics and to communicate and use those measures, and is the face of the region/territory (NYC) to external stakeholders on academic related topics. This role is a core part of the leadership team of the region/territory (NYC).Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Own the vision and plan for academic excellence in the region/territory (NYC)
- Identifies potential academic/instructional process or system improvements, and make recommendations as to their implementation
- Proactively communicates updates and status on academics to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Support high quality roll out and implementation academic programs
- Ensures teaching staff utilize approved curriculum and effective teaching strategies
- Develops and manages the overall plan for rolling out new academic curriculum, processes, or systems
- Works collaboratively with the Company Education team and other Shared Services functions on implementation of instructional/academic processes and systems
- Ensures delivery and conformance of instructional services to state and school standards
- Supports Area Managers and other leadership in improving the effectiveness of program Supervisors and teachers
- Collaborates with Director of PD to support training of PD delivery staff and quality of those programs
- Manage academic-related measurement efforts and use of measurements
- Supports efforts to gather program quality data via evaluation testing and observation
- Evaluates and reports on student performance measurements
- Analyzes field observation data and student scores to develop a professional development plans and using data to improve instruction
- Be the face of Catapult Academics for key external stakeholders
- Serves as a trusted academic resource to the region/territory (NYC) Department of Education leadership
- Responds to regional school administration questions and inquiries regarding K-12 academic matters
- Establishes close professional relationships with regional program and school-based staff and school administration
- Supports and administers the department budget
- Is a core part of the region/territory (NYC) leadership team
- At least five years of related K-12 education or school leadership/principal experience
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with data analysis and use of data to develop educational and business insights, and take action against those insights
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills; ability to communicate with teachers and with all levels of management.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities. Must be flexible.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office