Certified/Licensed School Counselor 2021-2022 School Year (Miami-Dade)
Certified/Licensed School Counselors Wanted in Miami-Dade County! Catapult Learning is a provider of K−12 contracted instructional services to public and private schools throughout the US, specializing in at-risk youth and students who are struggling.
We are beginning to interview for part-time and full-time Certified/Licensed School Counselors for the 2021-2022 school year throughout Miami-Dade County. These positions are onsite/face-to-face in K-12 private schools. All of our programs focus on individualized or small group counseling; most programs are pull-out/intervention types of sessions throughout the day. Our School Counselor position is less clinical/therapeutic than other Counselor positions, in that you are providing academic counseling to help students to better deal with barriers to their success in the classroom.
Enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive pay ($25 per hour)
- An attractive and robust full suite of benefits for FT employees
- Counseling resources provided
- Paid training and ongoing support
- Paid planning/prep time
- Individual or small group guidance counseling sessions
- Growth potential
- Company support and quality assurance
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students
- Conduct individual, small group, and classroom (when appropriate) guidance counseling with students with signed parental consent. Counseling may focus on academic, emotional, behavioral, or developmental issues to promote enhanced school functioning.
- Provide support to families, classroom teachers, school principal and other school personnel to maximize effectiveness of services.
- Maintain consistent communication with company supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents.
- Keep abreast of current changes and trends in the field of school counseling.
- Counsel in a face-to-face/onsite setting, and virtually, if necessary.
- Current and valid FL School Counselor Certificate/Statement of Eligibility OR Mental Health License
- Master's Degree in a Counseling Field
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with counseling children/students
- Experience with both classroom and virtual counseling preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office and virtual meeting programs (Zoom, etc.) preferred
- Internet connectivity required (virtual counseling materials will be provided, if necessary)
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude towards students, administration, parents, and other internal and external customers
JOIN THE CATAPULT FAMILY TODAY!
Job Type: Part-Time/Full-Time
Pay: $25.00 per hour
Catapult Learning provides PPE kits to our employees. Our small group intervention style of teaching also limits your exposure.