Now Hiring For The 2022- 2023 School Year!!
*Please Note This Is Not A Remote Position*
The Excel Academy of Southwest is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral support to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional teacher who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Why Join Us?
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive Salary Range
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Other great benefits like Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and Pet Insurance
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The High School Biology and Chemistry Teacher will be responsible for providing academic, emotional, and physical services for students who require additional support to thrive in school. They will conduct frequent and appropriate assessments, use data to develop and implement instructional plans, and collaborate with both school personnel and families to drive outcomes. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional teacher who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach knowledge and skills, nurture confidence and character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans to promote all students’ academic performance
- Develop and maintain skill-appropriate lesson plans
- Develop and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI Schools, local, state, and/or federal agencies
- Collaborate with staff to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor
- Utilize the school’s behavior support and intervention strategies
- Implement de-escalation techniques, crisis management, and physical restraint if necessary to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress towards goals
- Participate in the daily functions of the school such as morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
- Attending and documenting conferences, meetings, and training with supervisors
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning Required
- Valid IL PEL Required (Will consider out of state Licensure)
- Commitment to learning and implementing feedback
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.