Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for students who have not found success in the traditional classroom due to a variety of intensive special needs. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. Come explore a career with Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). The Behavioral Specialist assists site staff and leaders with supporting students’ prosocial behaviors, implementing positive behavioral interventions and supports, and coaching other staff on reinforcement and management strategies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Implementing effective, positive behavioral supports that increase students’ appropriate behaviors and in turn, allow students to access the curriculum more effectively.
· Support all staff with implementing effective behavioral and academic supports.
· Assists staff and leadership to effectively support students who display challenging, violent, or otherwise inappropriate behaviors and keep careful, consistent documentation of behavioral incidents.
· Trains and coaches other staff on the implementation of effective and safe crisis management techniques.
· Actively supervises site hallways, common areas, classrooms, and other areas to ensure student and staff safety and reinforce appropriate behaviors.
· Provides direction and leadership during arrival and dismissal processes.
Education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in education, criminal justice, social services or related field required. Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) strongly preferred. Experience working in a school setting preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org