Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer
- Competitive hourly range $18-$22 depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The Behavioral Specialist is expected to work very closely with the Program Director to carry out the daily functions described by the Director. The Behavioral Specialist is responsible maintaining a safe school environment where students are given the opportunity for a quality education.
- Assist the Program Director and Teacher in taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students and to prevent damage to school equipment and classroom facilities.
- Provide instructional leadership in creating a positive and caring learning environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current curricular and instructional practices that promote student achievement and are specifically aimed at students with disabilities and behavioral issues.
- Understand the principles of effective classroom management.
- Implement the behavior improvement program.
- Supervise initiatives that meet appropriate alternative education standards.
- Develop strategies for continuous school improvement.
- Provide direction and leadership regarding safety and security by assisting in student arrival and dismissal process at school entry and exit points and within the classroom setting as well as participating in proper student searches when necessary.
- High School Diploma required
- College experience and/or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Three years experience working with disruptive and/or at risk youth preferred
- Excellent skills in communication, establishing positive interpersonal relationships and leadership.
- Demonstrated service as a community and school role model.
- Evidence in-depth knowledge of at-risk programs, with in-depth experience working with individuals with exceptional needs.
- Appropriate child abuse clearance and background check.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.