Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer
- Competitive hourly range of $16-19 an hour
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The Assistant Teacher will be responsible for working with one or more students and the teacher to deliver individualized services and supports. They will monitor student behavior, track educational progress, and communicate with parents. Additionally, they will help reinforce the curriculum provided by the teacher. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional team member who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with students to reinforce learning of material or skill initially introduced by the teacher by assigning appropriate tasks, completing one-on-one tutorials, and implementing the SESI rotation model
- Assist the Teacher with large group activities, correcting papers, supervising testing, guiding independent study or enrichment activities, providing accommodations and modifications as necessary
- Utilize school’s behavior management and intervention strategies including but not limited to de-escalation techniques, crisis management, and physical restraint when necessary to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Support and document students’ growth and progress towards academic, social, and emotional goals
- Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored, including to and from appropriate locations within the school
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- High School Diploma required
- College experience and/or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working with youth preferred
Sierra School of Gilbert is a state-approved provider of private special education day programming and related services, having served public school systems and charters across Arizona since 1995. These programs have demonstrated consistent success in providing specialized education and therapeutic services to students across the disability spectrum. Our commitment is to the children and families we serve. We are special education experts who deliver quality results and improve outcomes. At Sierra School, we are never satisfied with the status quo; we are constantly encouraging innovation across systems. This is how we create successful results.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.