High School Reading/Math Teacher - Special Education (Only Teaching Certificate Required)
Do you believe that all children should have the opportunity for an extraordinary educational experience, regardless of any challenges they may face? If so, then come join our team at Catapult Learning!
Catapult Learning, in partnership with the Archdiocese of Chicago, is looking for multiple certified teachers to provide special education services under the IDEA. The Special Education Teacher will work with High School students individually or in small groups within Catholic schools. The teacher will be responsible for providing educational programs and establishing an environment that fosters learning and personal growth.
Catapult Learning provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
Enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive pay with referral bonus incentives.
- An attractive and robust full suite of benefits for FT employees.
- Paid training, with curriculum and teaching materials provided.
- Scheduling and 1:1 or small group instruction that is ideal for teachers who are new, experienced, or returning to the profession alike!
- No responsibilities for grading homework, quizzes, or tests.
- No requirements for extra responsibilities such as committee work, bus duty, or cafeteria duty.
- Instructional and professional development support from local and regional leadership, as well as quality assurance.
- The potential for summer employment.
- The opportunity to make a difference and positive impact in the lives of students and children.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Attends training sessions, passes content assessment, and delivers designated instructional models and strategies in readiness, reading, mathematics, and/or writing skills to eligible students through utilization of Catapult materials and educational strategies.
- Identifies and enrolls eligible students through existing test scores, administering tests, and/or other acceptable methods as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Develops and maintains individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Follows prescribed ISP intervention plan for students.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from Catapult classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Establishes and maintains a positive customer relationship with classroom teachers and principals, including providing achievement objectives and updated approved schedules of services.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with Catapult Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by Catapult, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies.
Requires a bachelor’s degree. A teaching certificate is required. LBS1 endorsement and teaching experience highly preferred, but not required.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org