Special Education Aide (1:1 Aide)
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
The Special Education Aide will be responsible for working with a designated student and the special education teacher to deliver individualized services and supports. They will monitor student behavior, track educational progress, and communicate with parents. Additionally, they will help reinforce the special education curriculum provided by the teacher with the individual student. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional instructor who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Someone who is passionate about serving students with special needs so that they can perform at their highest level and realize productive, fulfilling futures. You believe that ALL children can learn and have the desire to make a positive impact in the lives of students. You excel at building relationships, collaborating with a team, and persevering through difficult challenges. You have a sense of optimism, a willingness to learn and grow, and a commitment to improving outcomes for students.
- Work with individual student to reinforce learning of material or skill initially introduced by the teacher by assigning appropriate tasks, completing one-on-one tutorials, and implementing the SESI rotation model
- Assist the Teacher with implementation of the Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Maintain student’s portfolio and ensure it is updated, organized, presentable, and meets policy expectations
- Utilize school’s behavior management and intervention strategies including but not limited to de-escalation techniques, crisis management, and physical restraint when necessary to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Provide reinforcement consistent with the students Behavior Intervention Plan
- Complete any necessary documentation to track student’s behavior (ex: Incident Reports, High Risk Evaluation Forms, Point Sheets, etc.)
- Support, record, and track student growth and progress towards academic, social, and emotional goals
- Always remain near student and ensure student is monitored to and from appropriate locations within the school
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe academic learning environment for the student
- Assist other staff with students when needed when applicable
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Other duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma required
- College experience and/or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working with youth preferred
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
As a condition of employment, staff will be required to be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or produce a weekly negative Covid-19 test result. Prospective employees who are partially vaccinated (have received the first vaccination shot and are able to provide a photo of their vaccination card) are able to start work with the understanding they must be fully vaccinated within 45 days of their hire date and must test weekly until they are fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals have the opportunity to demonstrate they are entitled to a reasonable accommodation with respect to this policy for a valid medical or religious reason. All staff are required to wear an approved mask, if and when reporting to a physical work site where they are interacting with others.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org