Special Education Teacher
Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer
- Competitive salary range of $45,000-$55,000
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The Special Education Teacher will diagnose learning skill deficits, deliver high quality instruction and curriculum as provided by SESI, and collaborate with both school personnel and families to provide services to students. Our teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to thrive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the knowledge and skills, nurture the confidence and character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
- Develop and maintain individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans
- Utilize school’s behavior management and intervention strategies including but not limited to de-escalation techniques, crisis management, and physical restraint when necessary to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI, local, state, and/or federal agencies including but not limited to: Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), Behavior Intervention Plans, Incident Reports, High Risk Evaluation Forms, etc.
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress towards academic, social, and emotional goals
- Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored, including to and from appropriate locations within the school
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Special Education Certification and content area certification
- Commitment to learning and implementing feedback
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible
The Smyrna In District Classroom is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional teacher who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org