Title: Art Therapist
Department: Expressive Therapy Dept.
Reports to: Head of the Expressive Therapy Department
Type of Position: Full time
Dept. Mission Statement
It is the belief of the Expressive Therapies Program at SESI Schools that the creative processes involved in the visual and performing arts are healing and life-enhancing. Our mission is to serve the students of Camelot by providing standards of professional competence, thereby developing the social and emotional good health necessary to promote academic and social growth in our students. Simultaneously, our mission is to promote knowledge and understanding of the field of expressive therapies to the communities, which we serve.
While providing individual, dyad, and group art therapy, participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning by developing an art therapy treatment plan and collaborating with students’ treatment team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
● Observes, assesses, and places students in appropriate expressive therapy service
● Provides individual, dyad, and group art therapy
● Develops expressive therapy treatment plan
● Collaborates with treatment team as necessary
● Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
● Provides in-service training to team members as appropriate, and in conjunction with expressive therapy team and/or clinical teams.
● Documents in students’ files according to requirements of regulatory agencies
● Participates in supervision for art therapist
● Maintains licensure according to state and federal regulations
● Master’s degree in Art Therapy from an AATA accredited/approved program
● License or license eligible:
o ATR-Provisional License between graduation and LPC/ATR
o Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) –or- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)- in the state of Illinois
o Art Therapy Registration (ATR)
● Strong art-based assessment skills (LECATA, Expressive Therapy Continuum)
● Ability to work independently at multiple sites within the agency
● Ability to communicate effectively with professionals/students/families