Literacy Specialist (Part-Time)
Catapult Learning is in search of literacy specialists to provide instructional support and expertise to professionally develop teachers in a K-12 setting. This role aims to drive program outcomes in three key areas:
- Group/Individual instructional coaching
- Professional development facilitation
- Thought partnership with school leaders and administration
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly coach teachers through in-classroom support, such as demo lessons, side-by-side coaching, facilitated peer observations, and implementation of lesson study lessons.
- Develop/curate quality instructional resources to share with teachers, including lesson plans, unit plants, and assessments
- Helps plan, conduct and/or facilitate meetings or workshops
- Continue own learning through research and self-driven PD to stay current of latest trends in education
- Model the integration of technology
- Maintain open communication with supported teachers to nurture a professional learning community of educators
- Disaggregate, analyze, and interpret test data, and assist in its interpretation to determine instructional needs for school improvement
- Communicate actively with key stakeholders, including school leaders and district partners, on the progress of service and to identify future service needs
- Provide reporting documentation of services delivered, as required
- Perform other duties as assigned which relate to the instructional area of expertise
- Advanced degree in Education or related field preferred
- 4+ years of work experience teaching in a K-12 setting
- Expert in a concentrated content area (math, ELA, etc.)
- Record of result in effectively coaching teachers
- Experience designing and delivering professional development for adults
- Experience working in blended learning classrooms is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Commitment to a full 8-hour workday and local traveling is required.
$625 per full-day of service.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs/activities are in school settings
ABOUT CATAPULT LEARNING:
Catapult Learning, a division of FullBloom, provides intervention programs for students and professional development solutions for teachers in K-12 schools, executed by a team of experienced coaches. Our professional development services strengthen the capacity of teachers and leaders to raise and sustain student achievement. Our intervention programs support struggling learners with instruction tailored to the unique needs of each student. Across the country, Catapult Learning partners with 500+ school districts to produce positive outcomes that promote academic and professional growth. Catapult Learning is accredited by Cognia and has earned its 2022 System of Distinction honor.