Special Education Teacher
Special Education Teacher
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
The Special Education Teacher will be responsible for providing academic, emotional, and physical services for students who require additional support to thrive in school. They will diagnose learning skill deficits, deliver high quality instruction and curriculum as provided by SESI, and collaborate with both school personnel and families to provide services to students. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional teacher who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Someone who is passionate about serving students with special needs so that they can perform at their highest level and realize productive, fulfilling futures. You believe that ALL children can learn and have the desire to make a positive impact in the lives of students. You excel at building relationships, collaborating with a team, and persevering through difficult challenges. You have a sense of optimism, a willingness to learn and grow, and a commitment to improving outcomes for students.
- Teach the knowledge and skills, nurture the confidence and character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
- Develop and maintain individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Utilize school’s behavior management and intervention strategies including but not limited to de-escalation techniques, crisis management, and physical restraint when necessary to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI, local, state, and/or federal agencies including but not limited to
- Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Behavior Intervention Plans
- Incident Reports
- High Risk Evaluation Forms
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress towards academic, social, and emotional goals
- Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored, including to and from appropriate locations within the school
- Attend and document conferences, meetings, and trainings with supervisors
- Maintain a clean and safe academic learning environment for all students
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Valid special education teaching credential appropriate to the role (strong preference but not required)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continued instructional coaching and leadership support
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
As a condition of this offer of employment, you will be required to comply with the company Covid-19 health and safety policy. Upon your start day, you will be required to report your Covid-19 vaccination status in our UKG system. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated are required to produce a weekly negative Covid-19 test result in order to work. Individuals who are partially vaccinated on their start date will be required to produce a weekly negative test result and be fully vaccinated within 45 days of their start date. Requests for reasonable accommodation for a valid medical or religious reason can be requested at [email protected] You will also be required to wear an approved mask if and when reporting to a physical work site where you are interacting with others. Please note, we comply with state, city, and local contract requirements that may require full or partial vaccination in order to start working. Please speak with the hiring manager to confirm if any additional requirements apply to your work location.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org