Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for students who have not found success in the traditional classroom due to a variety of intensive special needs. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. Come explore a career with Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI).
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Understanding and acclimating to the teacher’s routine in order to provide classroom coverage.
- Working with all students in the building to promote their learning and pro-social development.
- In the event a student becomes a threat to themselves or others, it will be imperative that you provide support including the use of physical intervention techniques.
- Assisting with parent communication to keep them informed about their child’s development and any recent behavioral issues.
- Overall, general supervision within hallways, classrooms, cafeterias, and school yards will be the daily priority.
Requires a High School Diploma. College experience and or the completion of a bachelor’s degree preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
Candidates for this position must be able and willing to conduct their work both in person as well as virtually, based on the requirements of their state, program or client, with or without reasonable accommodation
In our continuing effort to protect the health and safety of our employees, students, clients, families and visitors, FullBloom requires that all candidates for employment who receive a conditional offer of employment from the Company must:
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their employment start date. Unvaccinated individuals will not be permitted to commence employment unless they can demonstrate that they are entitled to a reasonable accommodation with respect to this policy for a valid medical or religious reason. Partially vaccinated individuals may commence employment if they have received the first vaccination shot, provide a negative COVID test result weekly and receive their second vaccination shot within 45 days of their start date.
- Wear an approved mask if and when reporting to a physical work site where they are interacting with others.
FullBloom is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Any applicant who requires a reasonable accommodation with respect to these policies for a valid medical or religious reason should contact [email protected].
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org