Behavior Technician - BT/RBT (full-time, center based)
Do you want your work to make a difference in your community?
Do you love working with kids?
If your answer is yes, come grow with us at Little Leaves Behavioral Services!
Little Leaves is looking for new colleagues who love children and are passionate about making a profound difference in the lives of children with autism. Our team members love to play and aren't afraid to be silly and engaging. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is eager to learn and grow. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Little Leaves Behavioral Services began working with children and families in 2010. We provide high quality Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy to preschool aged children diagnosed with autism at our centers in Maryland, Virginia and Florida.
Behavior Technician Role:
Behavior Technicians (BTs) are one of the most critical members of a child’s therapy team and have the potential to positively change the trajectory of a child’s life. They work one-on-one with clients to deliver the individualized, life-changing treatment that is designed by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). Little Leaves BTs receive extensive training. The stakes are high with the work we do. We take that responsibility seriously by providing exceptional, in-depth training and support for our team. Our goal is for every employee to feel comfortable and confident in their role before they start working with clients.
This is a center-based position, so supervisors and colleagues work side-by-side to support our clients. If you ever have questions, need guidance, or need an extra set of hands, your team will be right there to back you up.
Compensation and Benefits
- $20 - $25/hr, depending on credential and experience
- Full-time position (30-40 hours/week): All BTs are guaranteed a minimum of 30 hours of work per week, but most BTs work 35-40 hours weekly.
- Eligible for benefits, including health, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off, life and disability insurance
- Extensive training and supervision provided by Little Leaves
- This is a center-based position: Drive to the same location every day, work alongside your peers, and always have an entire clinical team to support you.
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Impact the life of a child by providing high-quality 1:1 ABA therapy to client(s) with autism spectrum disorder
- Engage in regular team meetings and paid trainings
- Implement feedback from supervisors
- Be energetic, creative, and imaginative
- Shadow client(s) 1:1 to facilitate learning and playing in groups
- Communicate regularly with child’s treatment team
- Collect data throughout each session in a timely and efficient manner
- Create program materials for individual clients as needed
- Be a positive member of the center community
- Be punctual and responsible
- Must have a commitment and enthusiasm to helping children and families
- Be reliable, efficient, and have a strong work ethic
- Bachelors or Associates (or the equivalent credit hours) in Psychology, Special Education, Social Work, or related field is preferred. Or, at least 2 years of working hands-on with children is required
- Experience working with children with special needs, e.g., autism or developmental delays is strongly preferred
- Have a Registered Behavior Technician credential or commit to earning one within 90 days of hire including a willingness to sit for RBT exam (all training and supervision provided by Little Leaves)
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with children, families and colleagues
- Ability to work collaboratively as a therapy team member
- Ability to work well independently and seek assistance when needed
- Possess strong attention to detail for data collection
- Organized, flexible, able to follow instructive guidance and willing to take constructive feedback
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain client confidentiality
- Record of success in previous positions as evidenced by excellent references
- Comfortable using technology
- Ability to lift, push, pull children up to 40 pounds, and able to complete the physical demands of the job (frequent sitting and standing, sitting on and getting up from the floor, kneeling, bending, and running with children).
Health and Safety Requirements:
In our continuing effort to protect the health and safety of our employees, students, clients, families and visitors, FullBloom requires that all candidates for employment who receive a conditional offer of employment from the Company must:
- Wear an approved mask if and when reporting to a physical work site where they are interacting with others.
We are a professional organization with a powerful social objective: to become a national leader in programs for children with autism and unique learning needs. Little Leaves is a division of FullBloom, Impact for Life.
For more information, please visit www.littleleaves.org
Little Leaves and FullBloom are Equal Opportunity Employers