Elementary School Intervention Teacher (Reading and Math) - Racine
Provides contracted instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in reading, math, writing and related areas; and delivers prescribed instructional delivery methods as described by the company; consults with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students; communicates and conferences with parents providing information on student progress.
- Attend training sessions, participate in professional development opportunities, deliver designated instructional models and strategies in readiness skills, reading, mathematics and/or writing skills to eligible students through utilization of company-designed materials and educational strategies
- Facilitate family engagement activities
- Develop and maintain individualized skill appropriate lesson plans
- Ensure supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely both to and from company classroom
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by company, local, state and/or federal agencies
- Attend and document conferences, meetings and trainings with the company, supervisors, classroom teachers, principals and parents as required by the company, local, state and/or federal agencies
- Complete attendance on a daily basis
- Administer and interpret required entrance and exit testing
- Maintain inventory of educational materials and supplies
- Adhere to start-up and closedown procedures
- Emails checked and responses sent within 24 hours of receiving
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and valid Wisconsin DPI License, as required by contract
- Teaching experience preferred
Other Job Requirements
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well-prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.