Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625 and additional reimbursement for continuing education units (CEU)
- Other great benefits like Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and Pet Insurance
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The Anthony Wayne Academy is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provide specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting.
The counselor will be responsible for providing social-emotional services for students who require additional support to thrive in school. They will deliver high-quality services as provided by SESI and collaborate with both school personnel and families as an integrated member of the multi-disciplinary team. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional team member who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Provide individual, group, or push in counseling services to students in accordance with their Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Behavior Plan
- Collaborate in the creation of IEPs, including but not limited to creating social-emotional IEP goals, participating in IEP meetings, etc.
- Complete social-emotional and behavior assessments and analyze data as needed to determine a student’s particular strengths and weaknesses, as well as develop Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA), Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP), and other transition plans as needed
- Utilize a variety of therapeutic interventions, preventative de-escalation, and crisis intervention strategies to address needs and work with a diverse group of students from varying developmental, cultural, ethnic, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Support social emotional learning skill development through targeted curriculum, assessments, and more intensive behavior support as needed
- Provide in-service training to team members as appropriate, and in conjunction with any other teams including expressive therapy team and/or clinical teams
- Collaborate with external partners and providers to provide support to students, families, and staff
- Documents in students’ files according to requirements of regulatory agencies
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Master’s degree in social work or human services related field (mental health, psychology, counseling)
- Professional licensure including LPC or LCPC, LCSW or LMSW, and LMFT
- Minimum of two years' experience in a school, special education, or behavior health setting working with children and adolescents is preferred
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.