High School Counselor
Catapult Learning is in search of a full time NJ Certified School Counselor to work at Donovan Catholic High School in Toms River, NJ.
Responsibilities include individual and small group counseling, consultations, parental involvement, and collaboration with community resources. Counseling may focus on academic, emotional, behavioral, or developmental issues to promote enhanced school functioning.
Candidate must possess strong knowledge in evidence-based practices, demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication skills, be computer literate, independent, flexible, and people-oriented.
Candidate must represent our Core 5 values: transparent, humble, accountable, decisive, and inclusive.
Responsibilities may include:
- Consultation and collaboration with both school personnel and parents/guardians to develop specific interventions on behalf of eligible students.
- Work closely with the school administration/principal, behavior specialist, TSS/PCA, speech language pathologist, occupational therapist, among other professionals to best support the student
- Refer students and families to appropriate community agencies for services and essential resources
- Provide advocacy, counseling, and solution-focused strategies for students and families surrounding concerns including, although not limited to, attendance, behavior, social skills, transitions, and crisis situations
- Complete documentation in compliance with the requirements provided by the School District and Catapult Learning
- Counselors will provide learning assessments to establish achievement, visual-motor and cognitive abilities. Counselors will then interpret and share the results with parents and appropriate school personnel.
- Master’s Degree required
- Active NJ School Counseling Certification OR Student Personnel Services required
- Must have all NJ state mandated clearances (Child abuse, FBI fingerprints, criminal background check, etc.)
As a condition of employment, staff will be required to be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or produce a weekly negative Covid-19 test result.
Catapult Learning, a division of FullBloom, provides evidence-based intervention, specialized services and professional learning solutions for public and non-public K-12 schools. FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org