Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive salary of $45,000 - $50,000
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Other great benefits like Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and Pet Insurance
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
Chester Upland Excel Academy is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provide specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting.
The Teacher will be responsible for providing academic, emotional, and physical services for students who require additional support to thrive in school. They will conduct frequent and appropriate assessments, use data to develop and implement instructional plans, and collaborate with both school personnel and families to drive outcomes. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional teacher who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Teach knowledge and skills, nurture confidence and character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
- Develop and maintain skill-appropriate lesson plans
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans to promote all students’ academic performance
- Utilize school’s behavior support and intervention strategies, including Implementation of de-escalation techniques and crisis intervention to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Develop and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI Schools, local, state, and/or federal agencies
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress towards goals
- Collaborate with staff to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor
- Participate in the daily functions of the school such as morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Valid teaching credential appropriate to the role
- Commitment to learning and implementing feedback
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.