Accounts Receivable Spec
Catapult is seeking an Accounting Clerk III to support the U.S. Army Human Resources Command (HRC) at Fort Knox in Kentucky.
This position requires some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence. The Accounting Clerk III provides functional support by assisting the Budget Chief with administration of financial assistance management especially in the area of recoupment and refund processing for the Army ACCESS mission. On average, the system receives 10,500 recoupment/refund requests to process per month, of which an average of 400 requests are flagged for additional research or approval.
Typical Duties Include:
Assisting in a variety of administrative matters; maintaining a wide variety of electronic records; verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness; compiling information; and handling and adjusting internal requests. Candidate will provide assistance with answering inquiries via email and/or phones. Requires exceptional customer service skills for interacting with all stakeholders and be able to provide continual service coverage during set work hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent is assigned duties according to specified procedure and receives detailed instructions. Work is checked frequently.
- Work with Microsoft Office Suite to produce professional, accurate documents as needed
- Support the workplace climate treating everyone with honesty, dignity, and respect, free from harassment and discrimination
- Promote customer satisfaction by providing stakeholders with professional and helpful service
- Promote the achievement of business results in a timely manner; carefully, thoroughly and accurately within the established guidelines
- Use proper workload management and time utilization techniques
- Respond to stakeholder inquiries related to refund and recoupment requests
- Research recoupment and refund records, provide written recommendations/justifications, and process all decisions IAW Army regulations and policies
- Prepare and maintain a variety of statistical and budgetary records
- Provide continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service
- Assist with general office administrative duties. Will routinely be required to perform some clerical work in addition to the above duties
- Other duties as assigned
The qualified candidate will have at least two years of office and customer service experience, to include strong skills with MS Office products.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience: 2-3 years in relevant work or previous experience performing accounting, clerical, or financial work, additionally two years customer service experience preferred
- Must be eligible to obtain NACI security clearance and gain and maintain access to Fort Knox, KY Army Installation
- Intermediate knowledge of MicroSoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Former military experience preferred
- Proficiency with 10 key calculator operations (by touch)
Position reports to a manager or head of a unit/department
Must be able to work 40 hours per week at a military location Monday through Friday