Academic Counselor (WI DPI + Masters Degree required)
*HIRING NOW FOR 2022-2023 AND FOR 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR*
Catapult Learning is driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral and social-emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage, no matter the student’s individual circumstance. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for at-risk and struggling youth, including those with learning and emotional disabilities. In doing so, we play a truly crucial role in the lives of the children, their families and their communities. Our purpose drives performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
Catapult Learning provides academic counseling services to Title I-eligible students enrolled in grades kindergarten through twelve at participating nonpublic schools. Catapult Academic Counselors address academic issues as they manifest in the school context and detract from the student’s academic performance.
- Collaboration with classroom teachers
- Provide service in either an individual or small group format, both of which also include consultation with parents and school staff as needed and appropriate to assure that time with the student achieves maximum benefit
- Students needs are reviewed and a academic counseling plan created to assure the academic counseling services are designed to address issues noted in the classroom in an effective and efficient manner
- Input from classroom teacher, Title I teacher, and parent(s) is sought as part of creating the academic counseling plan
- Maintain a safe and positive learning environment
- Ensure all reporting is completed accurately and in accordance to contractual guidelines
- Attend monthly professional development meetings
The content of each academic counseling session remains focused on addressing identified issues as they manifest in the school setting and detract from academic performance. Session planning includes the use of developmentally appropriate materials and strategies for addressing the target factors.
- Requires a Masters degree in Educational field
- Must hold a valid Wisconsin DPI teaching license
- Teaching experience required
Other Job Requirements
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude toward internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.