Position: Teacher (Virtual or In-Person)
Program: Summer Learning Experience (Formerly ELY)
The Summer Learning Experience (SLE) teacher provides contracted instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in literacy, mathematics, STEM, and related content areas to small groups of K-8 students.
The effective teacher delivers all program material to students either on a virtual platform or in-person at a school site and keeps students excited and coming back day after day. The teacher also communicates and conferences with parents to provide information on student progress.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains daily record of student attendance
- Attends five required two-hour training modules prior to program start date (for compensation at hourly rate)
- Prepares for daily lessons using provided scope and sequence and affiliated instructional materials
- Opens the virtual classroom and be ready for engagement 15-minutes prior to class start time
- Maintains professional communication and rapport with parents
- Adheres to all requirements for effective and safe virtual instruction
- Attends regular virtual cohort staff meetings (for compensation at hourly rate)
- Maintains open communication with Operation Specialist regarding operational needs and Academic Specialist regarding instructional needs
All Summer Learning Experience staff members are crucial components to ensuring overall program success. Because our success is truly a team effort, each team member is held responsible for embodying our Core 4 Values – accountability, decisiveness, humility, and transparency – in all interactions with colleagues and external partners.
Requires a bachelor’s degree, and teaching experience. The virtual teacher must present well in an online space and effectively engage students in academic and co-curricular synchronous sessions. Previous Catapult Learning employees must be in good standing to qualify for this position.