Behavioral Specialist - Kent
The 5,600 individuals employed by Catapult Learning are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral and social-emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage, no matter the student’s individual circumstance. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for at-risk and struggling youth, including those with learning and emotional disabilities. In doing so, we play a truly crucial role in the lives of the children, their families and their communities. Our purpose drives performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We are eager to have people join us whose training, skills and experience add to our ability to provide successful, research based instructional systems, great teaching, excellent support services, and strong partnerships with the schools we serve across the US. We emphasize flexible work schedules, small group teaching environments, and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond expectations.
We are seeking an experienced Behavioral Specialist to join our team.
The Behavioral Specialist is expected to work very closely with the Program Director to carry out the daily functions described by the Director. The Behavioral Specialist is responsible maintaining a safe school environment where students are given the opportunity for a quality education.Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist the Program Director and Teacher in taking all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students and to prevent damage to school equipment and classroom facilities.
- Possess an understanding of Catapult Learning’s philosophy, policies and procedures relating to conduct, discipline and attendance outcomes for students and staff.
- Provide instructional leadership in creating a positive and caring learning environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of current curricular and instructional practices that promote student achievement and are specifically aimed at students with disabilities and behavioral issues.
- Understand the principles of effective classroom management.
- Implement the behavior improvement program.
- Supervise initiatives that meet appropriate alternative education standards.
- Develop strategies for continuous school improvement.
- Provide direction and leadership regarding safety and security by assisting in student arrival and dismissal process at school entry and exit points and within the classroom setting as well as participating in proper student searches when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including parents, outside social service agencies and law enforcement.
- Ensure compliance in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative policies, and state, municipal and federal regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrate professional conduct with colleagues, students, and parents in accordance with Catapult Learning’s policies, procedures and rules.
- Lead by example by being punctual, respectful, and assertive and by guiding staff and students to take pride in their classrooms, school, and community.
- Perform other assigned duties determined by Catapult Learning’s needs and business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Educational Leadership, Social Services or other related educational fields from an accredited college or university.
- Three years experience working with disruptive and/or at risk youth preferred
- Excellent skills in communication, establishing positive interpersonal relationships and leadership.
- Demonstrated service as a community and school role model.
- Evidence in-depth knowledge of at-risk programs, with in-depth experience working with individuals with exceptional needs.
- Appropriate child abuse clearance and background check.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude toward internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.