Extended Day Teacher
Part-Time teaching position for Extended Day available for the 2020-2021 school year at St John Lutheran School in Hannibal, Missouri. The Title I teacher provides contracted instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in math, reading, and related areas. The position requires the following: diagnose academic needs and deliver quality individualized instruction for each student; consult with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services; communicate with parents providing information on student goals and progress. Flexible work schedules, small group teaching environments, and high professional standards are emphasized.
- Implement the program according to Title I regulations/procedures and contract requirements; monitor and maintain the neutrality and secular nature of the classroom, materials, and instruction
- Provides research based instruction to support student progress in their regular classroom in reading, math, and writing
- Develop effective and targeted daily lesson plans for reading, math and writing that provide for differentiation
- Create a positive classroom environment which supports engaged student learning
- Establish and maintain accurate, up to date, and secure forms and files such as classroom roster, inventory (if applicable), and surveys from classroom teachers and parents
- Create and communicate Student Progress Reports 2 time per year
- Maintain regular and ongoing communication with classroom teachers, principals, and parents/families of Title I students regarding student goals and progress
- Interface on a regular basis with assigned instructional supervisor regarding all aspects of the Title I program at assigned sites
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Requires a bachelor’s degree, a valid Missouri teaching certificate in Elementary Education. Reading Specialist Certification and Title I teaching experience is preferred, but not required.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS: Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office necessary.
Some travel may be required
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS: Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
SALARY SCHEDULE: We match the public school salary schedule for extended day services.