Excel Academy of Roseland offers an accelerated high school experience for students looking for a smaller, more personal setting, intensely focused on elevating social skills, emotional wellness, and academic success. As an accelerated school of choice for students ages, 15 to 21 who are behind in their studies, Excel Academy of Roseland offers an extended day, where students can earn up to 5 credits per semester and 10 credits per year, allowing students to graduate in 2.5 years or less. There is no tuition or enrollment fee to attend. Excel Academy of Roseland is dedicated to creating a challenging, academically rigorous, and safe environment for all students.
Excel Academy of Roseland is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting.
The Electives Teacher will be responsible for providing academic, emotional, and physical services for students who require additional support to thrive in school. They will conduct frequent and appropriate assessments, use data to develop and implement instructional plans, and collaborate with both school personnel and families to drive favorable outcomes. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional teacher who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Someone who is passionate about serving students with exceptionalities so that they can perform at their highest level and realize productive, fulfilling futures. You believe that ALL children can learn and have the desire to make a positive impact in the lives of students. You excel at building relationships, collaborating with a team, and persevering through difficult challenges. You have a sense of optimism, a willingness to learn and grow, and a commitment to improving outcomes for students.
- Teach the knowledge and skills, nurture the confidence and character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans in order to promote all students’ academic performance
- Develop and maintain skill-appropriate lesson plans
- Develop and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI Schools, local, state, and/or federal agencies
- Collaborate with staff to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor
- Utilize school’s behavior management and intervention strategies
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress towards goals
- Participate in the daily functions of the school such as morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties.
- Attend and document conferences, meetings, and trainings with supervisors
- Maintain a clean and safe academic learning environment for all students
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Valid teaching credential appropriate to the role (strong preference but not required)
- Commitment to learning and implementing feedback
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible
- Competitive salary
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.