Elementary School Resource Room Teacher (Math/Literacy)
Catapult Learning is looking for an elementary school resource room teacher (math and literacy) for the upcoming 2022-23 school year in Bronx, New York.
The elementary school resource room teacher will teach math and literacy. The teacher will work in a resource room and students will visit the resource room to take tests, receive additional tutoring, work on their study skills, or get extra help with their homework.
Catapult Learning provides all classroom and instructional materials. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor and assists up to 4-5 students a time. Students will have this class rostered into their schedules 1-3 days/wk.
- Teacher is responsible to make the schedules, coordinate/communicate with student, teacher and academic counselor.
- Attends training sessions, passes content assessment, and delivers designated instructional models and strategies in math and literacy to eligible students through utilization of Catapult Learning designed materials and educational strategies.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from classroom/resources room.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by Catapult Learning, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree.
- Elementary school teaching experience and special education certification preferred.
As a condition of employment, staff will be required to be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or produce a weekly negative Covid-19 test result.