Academic Advisor: Grades 8-12/Full-Time/22-23 SY (Tampa)
Catapult Learning, LLC is looking for qualified and experienced Academic Advisors in Hillsborough County, Florida!
We have a school in Tampa (33617 zip code) in need of a full-time Academic Advisor for the 2022-2023 school year. This position is in-person at a private K-12 school and will work with grade levels 8-12. The ideal candidate will have specific experience with advising in a school setting; this experience must be listed on the resume in order to be considered.
Our Academic Advisors Enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Competitive salaried pay
- Robust benefit package offered to our full-time employees (30 or more hours per week)
- Company support and quality assurance from both local and national support teams
- Paid training and professional development
- Paid planning/prep time
- Growth potential
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students
Academic Advisor Job Duties:
- Monitors and maintains up-to-date records on student courses, community service, and graduation requirements.
- Schedules and meets with students regularly to advise students on graduation requirements and college requirements.
- Follows up with supplemental programs and courses on FLVS.
- Maintains and provides student academic transcripts.
- Communicates with students, parents, and faculty on graduation requirements, college application process, SAT exams, scholarship applications, etc.
- Evaluates transcripts of all new students and tracks the transcripts of all current students.
- Reviews student data to inform decisions on student course placements.
- Facilitates class scheduling of students.
- Proactively works with students in post-secondary planning
- Performs data entry in a timely fashion to meet deadlines (student attendance, online pre/post testing, progress reports, parent and classroom teacher communication forms, compliance documentation).
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by company, local, state, and federal agencies.
- Maintains consistent communication with company supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Academic Advisor Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree or higher
- Academic advising/school setting experience
- FL Teaching Certificate/Statement of Eligibility preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office and meeting programs (Zoom, Teams, etc.) preferred
- A passion to help students
About Catapult Learning:
Our company is a provider of K−12 contracted instructional services to public and private schools throughout the US, specializing in at-risk youth and students who are struggling; we are a company with over 40 years of excellence in education. We adhere to 5 corporate values that embody our company culture: Transparent, Decisive, Humble, Accountable, Inclusive.
A Teaching Certificate or Statement of Eligibility is preferred for this position. Candidates must be local to the area to be considered. To expedite processing of your application, please include your certificate status and location on your resume.
JOIN THE CATAPULT FAMILY TODAY!