Area Manager (Summer School)
Oversee summer programs to be provided to students in schools in a given segment of the New York City Region. This individual is responsible for managing the overall service quality, client satisfaction, promotional activities and profitability of assigned programs. This individual needs to become intimately familiar with key features of all programs within their region. This position will manage some of the company’s largest impact and revenue accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Program and Service Quality:
- Oversee the effective and excellent implementation of summer programs within your given region.
- In collaboration with the Regional Director and Instructional Excellence team, work to ensure a high level of instructional delivery to maximize student achievement
- Support the development and oversee implementation of summer assessment plan. Make adjustments as needed based upon data.
- Oversee performance and effectiveness of academic supervisors and specialists to assure that the direct service team functions well and program goals are attained.
- Work with operations and communications teams to ensure parent communications are frequent and aligned with the academic program team.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with representatives of the schools and the districts of your region about the program in advance of, throughout and after the program.
- Understand nuances of your stakeholders and ensure that staff and program align with their culture and needs.
- Prepare reports and lead meetings with stakeholders as needed in collaboration with Regional Director.
- Work with the Regional Director, Talent and HR departments to ensure an effective recruitment, selection, evaluation, retention, and, if necessary, termination process of direct summer service staff.
- Plan, schedule and implement a comprehensive training program for supervisors and teachers
- Create and oversee a system for observing, meeting with and supporting summer teachers and staff
- Ensure that academic supervisors and specialists are creating a strong culture that leads to teacher satisfaction and strong performance.
- With Regional Director, develop staff surveys and metrics to measure satisfaction and effectiveness of training, support and development efforts.
- Assure that all academic staff can demonstrate appropriate skills, ability and training to meet the demands of contracted program.
- Oversee staff development and performance management.
- Act as a role model for establishing appropriate positive morale and attitude toward work and organization.
- Maintain appropriate and regular communication with staff.
- Assist program supervisors and teachers with swift and responsive problem-solving strategies as they arise.
Operations, Compliance and Financial Health
- In collaboration with the operations team, ensure that all attendance, compliance and record keeping tasks are completed in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- In collaboration with operations team, ensure that instructional staff, physical facilities, instructional materials and equipment are adequate.
- Keep appropriate corporate support staff informed of all program activities. Communicate regularly with, and provide needed information to the Regional Director.
- Work with Regional Director to ensure that your region and schools are fully leveraging their available funding according to district and company guidelines and objectives.
- Work with the summer operations and finance team to ensure staff follow all the appropriate processes, tools, and checks & balances to complete all internal and external reporting and billing requirements.
- Intimately understand and implement the terms and conditions of all contracts and proposals for the programs in the region.
- Requires at least a bachelor’s degree. Master’s highly preferred.
- At least seven years of related leadership experience in the areas of education or business.
- Experience working with school districts preferred.
- Prior people management and academic leadership experience a must.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all levels of management.