Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for students who have not found success in the traditional classroom due to a variety of intensive special needs. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. Come explore a career with Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI).
The Music Therapist in this position will provide individual, dyad, and group music therapy, while participating in interdisciplinary treatment planning by developing a music therapy treatment plan, and collaborating with students’ treatment teams. Group/individual supervision, clinical observation, professional development, and responsibilities held in conjunction with special events and agency-wide processes are integrated within the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes, assesses, and places students in appropriate delivery of service
- Provides individual, dyad, and group music therapy
- Develops expressive therapy treatment plans
- Documents in students’ files according to requirements of regulatory agencies
- Collaborates with treatment team as necessary via email, meetings, consultation
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Provides in-service training to team members as appropriate, and in conjunction with expressive therapy team and/or clinical teams
- Actively participates in supervision for music therapist
- Maintains licensure according to state and federal regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Music Therapy from AMTA approved program
- License or license eligible:
- Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC) and/or Master of Music Therapy (MMT) and/or Master of Arts in Music Therapy (M.A.)
- Requires a bachelors and/or master's degree in Music Therapy from AMTA approved program. Professional licensure (or license eligible) required: Board Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC) and/or Master of Music Therapy (MMT) and/or Master of Arts in Music Therapy (M.A.) and working in a therapeutic school preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org