Certified Special Education Teacher
The 5,600 individuals employed by Catapult Learning are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral and social-emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage, no matter the student’s individual circumstance. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for at-risk and struggling youth, including those with learning and emotional disabilities. In doing so, we play a truly crucial role in the lives of the children, their families and their communities. Our purpose drives performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We are eager to have people join us whose training, skills and experience add to our ability to provide successful, research based instructional systems, great teaching, excellent support services, and strong partnerships with the schools we serve across the US. We emphasize flexible work schedules, small group teaching environments, and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond expectations.
We are seeking a Certified Special Education Teacher to join our team.
Our Special Education Teachers provide instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in reading, mathematics, writing, and related areas; diagnoses learning skill deficits and delivers prescribed instructional delivery methods as determined by the Company; consults with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students; communicates and conferences with parents providing information on student progress.Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Attends training sessions, passes content assessment, and delivers designated instructional models and strategies in readiness, reading, mathematics, and/or writing skills to eligible students through utilization of Company-designed materials and educational strategies.
- Develops and maintains individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by the Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Current Special Education Certification in the state you plan to work in is required.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude toward internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.