Per Diem Professional Development Specialist (Columbia, SC)
Catapult Learning, LLC is looking for qualified and experienced Professional Development Specialists in South Carolina! Catapult Learning is a provider of K−12 contracted instructional services to public and private schools throughout the US, specializing in at-risk youth and students who are struggling; we are a company with over 40 years of excellence in education.
We have openings for per diem Education Professional Development Specialists in Columbia and surrounding areas. There are two primary functions in this role: presenting and coaching. The ideal candidate will leverage a deep knowledge of research-based best practice, take a hands-on approach to support educators across the content areas, and deliver engaging and exceptional professional learning experiences and job-embedded coaching support to improve teaching, learning, and organizational performance.
This is per-diem position. You will be assigned PD and/or coaching assignments based on requests from the schools we serve. These requests typically occur during regular school hours. Occasionally, requests are made for immediately after-school, evenings or a weekend day. The number of PD requests/assignments will vary from month-to-month, but we can guarantee a minimum of two sessions per month. You will be compensated based on the work done: PD training by each event presented; Coaching based on an 8-hour day (6 hours coaching, 2 hours of documentation). The pay is typically negotiated during the interview process.
Enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Competitive pay (based on a per diem scale that is generally agreed upon during interview process)
- Workshop content and coaching framework provided
- Paid training
- Company support and quality assurance
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of educators and students
- Engages in the coaching cycle, including modeling lessons and co-teaching, to improve the teaching quality for students in grades K-12. Delivers job-embedded application coaching via the following:
- Builds strength-based coaching relationships that are transformational.
- Follows Catapult Learning coaching framework design as instructed by supervisor.
- Coaches leaders and teachers in research-based practices, leveraging curriculum resources to meet the needs of all learners.
- Supports instructional delivery across content areas by assisting teachers to make data-informed decisions about planning, instruction, and assessment.
- Models effective instruction for staff in various settings, including co-teaching.
- Utilizes various digital tools in the execution of site-based and blended coaching implementations.
- Facilitates professional development presentations, and delivers engaging and exceptional professional learning workshop events:
- Delivers effective professional learning opportunities leveraging Catapult Learning’s catalog of PD module content.
- Encourages participation and open dialogue as part of an effective coaching relationship during presentations.
- Contributes to development and revision of professional development modules, products, and service delivery protocols in preparation for assigned events.
- Establishes and maintains forms and files as required by company, local, state, and federal agencies.
- Reviews Professional Development participant evaluations to drive continuous improvement.
- Analyzes data to facilitate the development of best practices and determine instructional needs.
- Becomes familiar with regional standards and the materials that are core to instruction in partnership schools.
- Supports organizational change, professional growth, and student achievement while working with leaders and teachers on assigned PD projects, and under the direction of the Center for PD Excellence and regional Operations teams.
- Teaching Certificate
- Master’s Degree or higher in related education field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in education (teaching and/or administration)
- A strong record of helping students achieve academic success, with particular focus on Title I, English Learners, and Students with Disabilities
- Minimum of 2 years' experience facilitating professional development and engaging in the coaching cycle within a school setting or supporting schools to improve student achievement (experience in strengths-based coaching, leading and supporting teachers)
- Understanding of achievement data in order to understand, interpret and improve school performance
- Evidence of successful team-building skills and positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent, reliable and understanding
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and virtual meeting programs (Zoom, etc.) preferred
- A positive and growth-oriented attitude towards students, administration, parents, and other internal and external customers
JOIN THE CATAPULT FAMILY TODAY!