The Sierra School at Barret is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional Behavior Specialist who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
The Behavioral Specialist assists site staff and leaders with supporting students’ prosocial behaviors, implementing positive behavioral interventions and supports, and coaching other staff on reinforcement and management strategies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Implementing effective, positive behavioral supports that increase students’ appropriate behaviors and in turn, allow students to access the curriculum more effectively.
· Support all staff with implementing effective behavioral and academic supports.
· Assists staff and leadership to effectively support students who display challenging, violent, or otherwise inappropriate behaviors and keep careful, consistent documentation of behavioral incidents.
· Trains and coaches other staff on the implementation of effective and safe crisis management techniques.
· Actively supervises site hallways, common areas, classrooms, and other areas to ensure student and staff safety and reinforce appropriate behaviors.
· Provides direction and leadership during arrival and dismissal processes.
Education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in education, criminal justice, social services or related field preferred. Behavioral Health Tech (BHT), Registered Behavior Tech (RBT) preferred. Experience working in a school setting preferred.
- $17-20 per hour
- Comprehensive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, and 401K
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
In our continuing effort to protect the health and safety of our employees, students, clients, families and visitors, FullBloom requires that all candidates for employment who receive a conditional offer of employment from the Company must:
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their employment start date. Unvaccinated individuals will not be permitted to commence employment unless they can demonstrate that they are entitled to a reasonable accommodation with respect to this policy for a valid medical or religious reason. Partially vaccinated individuals may commence employment if they have received the first vaccination shot, provide a negative COVID test result weekly and receive their second vaccination shot within 45 days of their start date.
- Wear an approved mask if and when reporting to a physical work site where they are interacting with others.
FullBloom is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Any applicant who requires a reasonable accommodation with respect to these policies for a valid medical or religious reason should contact [email protected].