Now Hiring for the 2022-2023 School Year !!
*Please note this is not a Remote Position*
The Excel Academy North is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral support to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. Every child deserves to reach their full potential, and we’re looking to hire an exceptional School-Based Behavior Specialist who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Why Join Us?
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer
- Competitive salary range
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Other great benefits like Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and Pet Insurance
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The School-Based Behavior Specialist assists site staff and leaders with supporting students’ prosocial behaviors, implementing positive behavioral interventions, and supporting and coaching other staff on reinforcement and management strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing effective, positive behavioral supports that increase students’ appropriate behaviors and, in turn, allow students to access the curriculum more effectively
- Support all staff with implementing effective behavioral and academic supports
- Assists staff and leadership in effectively support students who display challenging, violent, or otherwise inappropriate behaviors and keep careful, consistent documentation of behavioral incidents
- Trains and coaches other staff on the implementation of effective and safe crisis management techniques
- Actively supervises site hallways, common areas, classrooms, and other areas to ensure student and staff safety and reinforce appropriate behaviors
- Provides direction and leadership during arrival and dismissal processes
- Education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in education, criminal justice, social services, or related field preferred
- Behavioral Health Tech (BHT), Registered Behavior Tech (RBT) preferred
- Experience working in a school setting preferred
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.