Catapult Learning, a division of FullBloom, is seeking part-time Instructional Coaches for the 2022-2023 school year to work with teachers in Pittsburgh-area non-public elementary and/or high schools.
Instructional Coaches facilitate change in teacher's practice so they can diagnose student needs more analytically, plan more productively, and teach more effectively. By creating trusting and growth-focused relationships, coaches collaborate with principals to align instructional practices with school goals.
This role is hourly, part-time, with a flexible schedule during October-May.
Instructional Coach Responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities may change. Additional responsibilities may be assigned throughout the course of the school year.
- Provide leadership, support, and assistance to all classroom teachers for skillful instruction
- Conduct model lessons, classroom observations, provide "next step" support for teachers
- Assist teachers in building an interactive classroom environment focused on the content and learning strategies embedded in the curricular programs
- Monitor preparation and pacing of instruction to ensure mastery of relevant standards
- Serve as a resource in identifying appropriate instructional strategies and interventions to improve student achievement
- Assist schools with their understanding of student achievement goals using available baseline/historical testing data
- Assist schools with identifying, planning, and undertaking appropriate "next steps teaching" for groups of students as indicated by the assessment process
- Maintain documentation of work with teachers using Catapult Learning's proprietary system
- A valid PA Instructional II teaching certificate, as required by contract
- Master’s Degree in Education or a related field
- Knowledge of Curriculum programs
- At least two years experience as a Curriculum Coach (or similar position)
- 5 years' experience teaching
- Excellent research, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently
- Must have advanced proficiencies with Microsoft Office suite, OneDrive, Zoom, etc.
Catapult Learning is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage candidates who reflect the diversity of our student population to apply.