High School English Teacher
We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We are eager to have people join us whose training, skills and experience add to our ability to provide successful, research based instructional systems, great teaching, excellent support services, and strong partnerships with the schools we serve across the US. We emphasize flexible work schedules, small group teaching environments and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond expectations.
We are currently seeking teachers experienced in High School English. As teachers, you will provide contracted instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in High School reading, writing, and related areas; diagnose learning skill deficits and delivers prescribed instructional delivery methods as determined by the Company; consult with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students; communicate and conference with parents providing information on student progress.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Attends training sessions, passes content assessment, and delivers designated instructional models and strategies in readiness, reading, and writing skills to eligible students through utilization of Company-designed materials and educational strategies.
- Develops and maintains individualized skill-appropriate lesson plans.
- Ensures supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from Company classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establishes and maintains student forms and files as required by Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Attends and documents conferences/meetings/trainings with Company Supervisors, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by the Company, local, state, and/or federal agencies.
- Maintains inventory of educational materials and supplies
- Requires a bachelor’s degree as required by contract
- (1 or more years Teaching experience as a High School English Teacher
- Knowledge of PSATs/SATS Prep is a plus
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible with the intent to grow and learn. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
At Catapult Learning, our mission is to create brighter futures for all students, regardless of the learning barriers or other challenges they may face. We partner with K-12 schools and districts to address the needs of individual students, improve academic gains, and build teacher and principal capacity.