Director of Teaching and Learning (Hillsborough)
Catapult Learning, LLC is looking for a qualified and experienced educational director in Florida! Catapult Learning is a provider of K−12 contracted instructional services to public and private schools throughout the US, specializing in at-risk youth and students who are struggling; we are a company with over 40 years of excellence in education.
We have a private school in Tampa (33617 zip code) in need of a full-time Director of Teaching and Learning. This position provides direct support and feedback to all instructional and administrative staff on the development of: school-wide improvement efforts, the related programs that support student services grades Pre-K through 12, and all matters related to the development and delivery of instructional programs, assessment, professional development, and use of technology in the school.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong track record of developing school leaders and/or teachers using an effective approach, as the role involves interacting with school leaders who span the
PK-12 spectrum, and leading programs reflective of diverse pedagogical models.
Local candidates preferred. To expedite processing of your application, please include your location on your resume.
Enjoy the Following Benefits:
- Competitive pay ($75K-100K per year)
- An attractive and robust full suite of benefits for FT employees
- Paid training
- Paid planning/prep time
- Small group instruction
- Growth potential
- Company support and quality assurance
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of students
- Develops and supervises curriculum coordinators by setting goals, providing regular feedback, and conducting annual performance evaluations.
- Plans, implements, and monitors budgets in all areas of Teaching and Learning.
- Administers and coordinates federal and state grants through communication with the Head of School, Board members, leadership team, and building administration to ensure accountability for use of funds and student learning.
- Provides leadership and support to building administrators and teachers through collaborative planning, professional development, coaching, school improvement planning, and regular communication.
- Provides input for implementation of the school's vision, including alignment of programs to the vision and support through professional development and resource allocation.
- Remains current on educational research by engaging in professional development activities, professional reading, and peer collaboration.
- Directs the planning and implementation of new curriculum standards and statutes. Promotes system-wide technology integration and organizational efficiency. Works with Technology Department to integrate technology into the instructional program.
- Provides the organization, leadership and process to organize, create, and develop a system of assessments to measure student achievement growth and assists teachers and staff with instructional planning, re-teaching, and achievement of mastery.
- Plans, organizes, develops, and implements the communication feedback systems and processes for monitoring and performing educational audits to ensure that curriculum and assessment priorities are being appropriately pursued.
- Plans, develops, and conducts public and community relations programs pertaining to curriculum and assessment planning and development processes.
- Plans, organizes, and participates in the evaluation and selection of textbooks and instructional materials and equipment.
- Supervises the performance of assigned personnel; interviews and selects employees, recommends transfers, reassignments, terminations and disciplinary actions; oversees staff development for vice principals, principals, and assigned secretarial staff.
- Communicates with other administrators, personnel, and outside organizations to coordinate activities and programs; resolves issues and conflicts and exchanges information; receives and responds to parent issues or concerns; makes referrals as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Educational Administration, Curriculum Development, or related field (Doctorate Preferred)
- Florida Administration/Principal Certification preferred
- Minimum of three years as an administrator with curriculum experience and three or more years of teaching experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office and virtual meeting programs (Zoom, etc.) preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to, and comfort with, addressing issues of diversity, equity and inclusiveness across lines of differences
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude towards students, administration, parents, and other internal and external customers
JOIN THE CATAPULT FAMILY TODAY!