The 5,600 individuals employed by Catapult Learning are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral and social-emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage, no matter the student’s individual circumstance. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for at-risk and struggling youth, including those with learning and emotional disabilities. In doing so, we play a truly crucial role in the lives of the children, their families and their communities. Our purpose drives performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We are eager to have people join us whose training, skills and experience add to our ability to provide successful, research based instructional systems, great teaching, excellent support services, and strong partnerships with the schools we serve across the US. We emphasize flexible work schedules, small group teaching environments, and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve beyond expectations.
We are seeking a Teacher Assistant to join our team.
The teacher assistant will be responsible for collaborating with teachers to monitor the development of each child.Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Understanding and acclimating to the teacher’s routine in order to provide classroom coverage.
- Working with all students in the building to promote their learning and pro-social development.
- In the event a student becomes a threat to themselves or others, it will be imperative that you provide support including the use of physical intervention techniques.
- Assisting with parent communication to keep them informed about their child’s development and any recent behavioral issues.
- Overall, general supervision within hallways, classrooms, cafeterias, and school yards will be the daily priority.
Requires a High School Diploma. College experience and or the completion of a bachelor’s degree preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well prepared lesson plans and paid training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.