After School Tutor
If you love helping students meet their goals in school and life, then join our team at Catapult Learning! Catapult Learning is a division of FullBloom. We provide specialized services and professional learning solutions for children in public and non-public K-12 schools, who have a difficult time succeeding in the traditional classroom. Catapult Learning is looking for an after-school tutor to positively impact a child’s education in a private elementary school in Trenton, NJ. The after-school tutor will be responsible for providing students with individualized assistance to help them learn new concepts and complete assignments.
- Works with small groups of up to 10 students
- Assists students with developing foundational skills, study/organizational skills, study strategies, note-taking skills, and homework/projects/test preparation/papers and other academic tasks.
- Works with students to help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the classroom.
- Able to assist students in math and reading comprehension/language arts.
- Ability to motivate and encourage students to improve their academic performance.
- Creative and flexible in order to personalize learning approaches for individual students.
- This position is in-person but must be comfortable using technology platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams if all tutoring needs to be provided virtually.
- Creates and updates all Catapult Learning/program progress records.
- Ensure supervision of students to assure their safety.
- Meet with Catapult Learning Supervisors, program supervisors, and parents to discuss progress/any challenges the student is facing.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Experience working with children
- Proficient in MS Office, OneDrive, Zoom, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly explain challenging concepts.
- Catapult Learning employees are subject to state and local licensure, pre-employment screening and background checks.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
As a condition of employment, staff will be required to be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or produce a weekly negative Covid-19 test result. Prospective employees who are partially vaccinated (have received the first vaccination shot and are able to provide a photo of their vaccination card) are able to start work with the understanding they must be fully vaccinated within 45 days of their hire date and must test weekly until they are fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals have the opportunity to demonstrate they are entitled to a reasonable accommodation with respect to this policy for a valid medical or religious reason. All staff are required to wear an approved mask, if and when reporting to a physical work site where they are interacting with others.
Candidates for this position must be able and willing to conduct their work both in person as well as virtually, based on the requirements of their state, program or client, with or without reasonable accommodation
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org