Behavior Support Specialist
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for students who have not found success in the traditional classroom due to a variety of intensive special needs. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact. Come explore a career with Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Behavior Support Specialist include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinating support of all behavioral initiatives (e.g., all tiers of CASE support, crisis prevention, social-emotional learning) with regional and site-based leadership.
- Delivering training related to all behavioral initiatives.
- Working closely with and actively coaching site staff (especially identified point people) to build local capacity for sustained, consistent, and high-quality implementation of all behavioral supports.
- Supervising, training, and participating in all behavioral data collection activities as required to inform targeted support, yearly regional- and site-based evaluations, and internal and external outcome reporting.
- Dedicated support of assigned sites, which includes:
- Regular (at least weekly) check-ins with point people at assigned sites.
- Regular (at least quarterly) reviews of behavioral data with site point people, site leadership, and regional leadership.
- Regular behavioral support trainings as determined by the Behavior Support Team (e.g., any new content or systems, booster sessions).
- Annual fidelity of CASE implementation evaluation (and follow up results report meeting with site point people and leadership).
- Targeted training and coaching (as needed) based on data and identified regional and/or site needs.
- Participation in weekly Behavior Support Team meetings and quarterly CASE webinars.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field.
- Experience serving students with challenging behavior (minimum of three years).
- Experience or demonstrated potential to deliver professional development, coach staff who are implementing behavioral supports, and support staff behavior.
- Demonstrated commitment to the four keys to the CASE: being proactive and preventive, being supportive and helpful in all interactions, focusing on what’s going well, and building strong relationships with students.
- Demonstrated commitment to the FullBloom Core Four values: humility, transparency, accountability, and decisiveness.
- Masters’ degree in relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience serving students with challenging behavior.
- Leadership experience.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org