Why Join Us
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we are proving what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer
- Competitive hourly range $17.50 - $20.00 depending on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The 1:1 Aide will be responsible for working with one or more students and the teacher to deliver individualized services and supports. They will monitor student behavior, track educational progress, and communicate with parents. Additionally, they will help reinforce the curriculum provided by the teacher. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional team member who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Work with students to reinforce learning of material or skill initially introduced by the teacher by assigning appropriate tasks, completing one-on-one tutorials, and implementing the SESI rotation model
- Utilize school’s behavior management and intervention strategies including but not limited to de-escalation techniques, crisis management, and physical restraint when necessary to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Support and document students’ growth and progress towards academic, social, and emotional goals
- Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored, including to and from appropriate locations within the school
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- High School Diploma required
- College experience and/or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working with youth preferred
Sierra School of Sonoma County is a Non-Public special education school that provides services to students with academic and behavioral challenges in Sonoma, Marin and Mendocino counties. We work in partnership with local school districts to educate students who are not experiencing success in the general education setting. Our structured program creates predictability for the students while allowing for the flexibility that is required to meet each of their unique learning needs. Our goal is to strengthen each of these students’ skills to the point they may successfully re-enter their mainstream environment. For some students that may mean a return to their public school of residence, while for others it may mean earning a high school diploma and obtaining gainful employment.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.