Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
The Assistant Teacher will work closely with one or more students with special needs and the special education teacher to deliver individualized services and supports. Additionally, they may lead small groups to directly teach academic, social-emotional, and life/functional skills. In partnership with the teacher, they will monitor student behavior, track educational progress, and communicate with parents. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we’re looking to hire an exceptional instructor who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Someone who is passionate about serving students with special needs so that they can perform at their highest level and realize productive, fulfilling futures. You believe that ALL children can learn and have the desire to make a positive impact in the lives of students. You excel at building relationships, collaborating with a team, and persevering through difficult challenges. You have a sense of optimism, a willingness to learn and grow, and a commitment to improving outcomes for students.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the special education teacher, deliver individualized or small group instruction as specified in the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) in order to support the student in achieving their personalized goals.
- Supports teachers in maintaining students’ engagement through the implementation of school-wide systems and strategies as well as the accommodations and modifications necessitated by students’ IEPs.
- Support with the modification and accommodations of learning activities, under the guidance of the special education teacher.
- Formally monitor and document students’ progress on IEP goals.
- Provide testing accommodations or modifications for students (e.g. 1:1 testing support, supervised breaks, extended time, etc.)
- Communicate with students’ families in conjunction with the teachers to discuss progress and growth areas.
- Attend and actively participate in professional development activities to increase knowledge of best practices.
- Implement behavior intervention strategies and plans, as needed.
- Overall, general supervision within hallways, classrooms, cafeterias, and school yards.
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required.
- Must be available during the summer months
- Must be able and willing to conduct their work both in person as well as virtually, based on the requirements of their state, program or client, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma required
- College experience and/or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working with youth preferred
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org