Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral supports to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. We believe that all children deserve an education that goes beyond academics and enables them to realize their full potential and grow into responsible, self-sufficient adults. SESI operates over 50 AdvancED/Cognia accredited Special Education schools and 80+ in-district classrooms nationwide. Our certified teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to overcome barriers to education. Our purpose drives our performance, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
The Special Education Associate Director will be responsible for Supervision of all program staff including special education teachers, school social workers, BCBAs, assistant teachers, SESI related service providers, and administrative assistants. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we are looking to hire an exceptional Program Director who will play an essential role in fueling student and staff success.
Someone who is passionate about serving students with special needs so that they can perform at their highest level and realize productive, fulfilling futures. You believe that ALL children can learn and have the desire to make a positive impact in the lives of students. You excel at building relationships, collaborating with a team, and persevering through difficult challenges. You have a sense of optimism, a willingness to learn and grow, and a commitment to improving outcomes for students.
- Ensuring that all students are being educated in accordance with their Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Observation of classrooms on a regular basis both formally (using observation forms to provide appropriate staff feedback) and informally
- Weekly staff meetings for the purpose of imparting information, suggestions and issues of concern that affect the program and the staff
- Attending and participating in Regional activities including a weekly Director’s Meeting
- Attending and participating in a monthly Goal Review with Supervisor; demonstrating consistent growth and goal completion
- Reporting facilities issues to the appropriate department for prompt resolution
- Communicating in person, by telephone and through newsletters and other forms of written communication with parents, supervisors, and district personnel
- Involving parents in the educational program on a regular basis as well as providing regular parent education events throughout the school year
- Ensuring that all state licensing policies relating to the health, safety and well-being of the children attending the program are followed and in compliance
- Forging and maintaining stakeholder relationships (district officials, parents, etc.); providing excellent and responsive customer service
- Performing staff Supervisions including Goal Reviews monthly, giving staff the opportunity for self-evaluation and growth
- Ensuring that all staff follow school and company policies in order to maintain excellent program quality
- Maintaining excellent records including financial, state licensing, student, and employee files
- Communicating regularly with all supervisors to ensure that proper support and assistance is available at all times
- Identifying staff and program needs and obtaining professional development opportunities to address those needs
- Role modeling appropriate and professional demeanor to staff, parents, and the children in the program as well as school district personnel
- Other duties may be assigned
- High preference for credential in SPED (teaching or clinical)
- Extensive experience with students with serious emotional disabilities is strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferred
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Tuition reimbursement support available
- Continued instructional coaching and leadership support
- Growth Opportunities
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
As a condition of this offer of employment, you will be required to comply with the company Covid-19 health and safety policy. Upon your start day, you will be required to report your Covid-19 vaccination status in our UKG system. Requests for reasonable accommodation for a valid medical or religious reason can be requested at [email protected]. You may also be required to wear an approved mask if and when reporting to a physical work site where you are interacting with others. Please note, we comply with state, city, and local contract requirements that may require full or partial vaccination in order to start working. Please speak with the hiring manager to confirm if any additional requirements apply to your work location.
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FullBloom provides education and behavioral health solutions for children and their families, leading to better life outcomes, regardless of the learning obstacles and other challenges they face. The company’s team of over 5,000 education and healthcare professionals work to achieve measurable and sustained academic and behavioral gains through evidence-based programs that include specialized education, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies, intervention services, and professional development. Founded in 1976 and headquartered in Camden, New Jersey, FullBloom supports tens of thousands of children and families, over 500 school districts, and more than 25,000 teachers annually through its three operating divisions – Catapult Learning, Specialized Education Services, Inc (SESI), and Little Leaves. www.fullbloom.org