Be an important part of the 5,600 educators and healthcare professionals employed by Catapult Learning. We are driven by a common purpose: to positively impact the educational, behavioral, and social-emotional welfare of every child with whom we engage, no matter the child’s individual circumstance. We dedicate our careers to improving outcomes for at-risk and struggling youth, including those with learning and emotional disabilities. In doing so, we play a truly crucial role in the lives of children, their families, and their communities. Our purpose drives performance and we are looking for individuals who want to make an impact.
The Teacher Leader will provide instructional and overall leadership for teachers in the service delivery program. This person will oversee the instructional quality of the program and support the teaching staff in effectively implementing curriculum, differentiating instruction to meet student needs, completing compliance and operational responsibilities, and ensuring all teachers and students have the materials they need to succeed. Each leader will be responsible for providing ongoing professional development and support to teachers under their supervision.
This is a school year position with classes taking place live and virtually within Boston Public Schools.
Reports to the Catapult Learning Program Supervisor, who works in collaboration with the Area Manager and Director of Operations.
- This position is part-time, up to 20 hours per week, starting October 2021 and through June 30, 2022.
- The instructional hours for studentsare:
- After School
- Saturday 9am-12pm
- February and April vacation academies from 9am-12pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Communicates with teachers, parents, and students regarding program implementation
- Establishes a positive professional rapport with staff, parents, and BPS personnel
- Plans and hosts weekly team meetings with the Operations Specialist
- Attends and participates in daily calls
- Works alongside the management team to keep open communication and report instructional issues and concerns
- Maintains a deep understanding of effective virtual instruction using academic curriculum and materials
- Completes at least one virtual conference (or more as needed) per teacher to provide feedback on virtual classroom preparedness
- Completes drop-ins per teacher throughout the school year program
- Reports all observational data through online databases
- Assures that all teachers complete Catapult Learning instructional and operational training (may require facilitating training)
- Uses data and assists teachers in the development of instructional strategies to differentiate to meet the needs of all participating students
- Assures that all teachers are aligning lessons with student IEP goals, tracking data and updating IEP goals
- Provides formal and informal ongoing professional development opportunities to instructional staff
- Ensures daily and weekly compliance deadlines are met, including student and staff attendance
- Upholds all administrative compliance guidelines
- Works with teachers and operations team to ensure all required information is input into online databases
- Works with teachers and operations team to support and facilitate parent communication
- Works with teachers and operations team to ensure all ongoing student and staff material and resource needs are met
- Meets with operations team weekly to share programmatic information
- Supports operations team in ensuring operational excellence
All COVID 19 Compensatory teaching staff members are crucial components to ensuring overall program success. Because our success is truly a team effort, each team member is held responsible for embodying our Core 4 Values – accountability, decisiveness, humility, and transparency – in all interactions with colleagues and external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- At least two years related supervisory/coaching/teacher support experience in education. Must be able to teach all basic skills or other related areas and interact with students, families and administrators.
- Experience working with students with IEPs is preferred.
- Experience/proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Classroom and Zoom preferred.
Boston Public Schools Documentation Requirements:
- Copy of College Diploma
- Copy of Current Resume
- Valid MA teaching certificate
Other Job Requirements:
- This position will support a team of at least 12-15 teachers, so good time management skills are a must.
- Must be comfortable in a coaching and supervisory capacity.
- Must hold a deep belief and understanding that all children can learn.
- Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude toward internal and external staff and stakeholders.
Physical Environment/Working Conditions/Materials and Resources:
- The supervisor must present well both live and virtually and effectively engage teachers and staff in both team and individual settings.
- The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials as well as prepared lesson plans and training. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.
At Catapult Learning, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Catapult believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.