Leadership Coach and PD Specialist
Catapult Learning is seeking qualified candidates to potentially serve in the part time role of Leadership PD Specialist (Coach). In this role, employees will support the achievement of students by providing direct support to instructional and school leaders in assigned urban schools and systems.
The Leadership PD Specialist is responsible for building strong relationships with urban districts and school level leaders, fostering leadership team capacity, and promoting student achievement. The Leadership PD Specialist helps the school team articulate desired outcomes with Catapult Learning coaching initiatives and ensures compliance and excellence in service delivery to drive consistently superior achievement gains.
Leadership PD Specialists should be committed to applying the Catapult Learning Leadership Coaching Model (training provided prior to starting) to support organizational change from the top down, professional growth, and student achievement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver job-embedded application coaching in leadership
- Facilitate reflective conversations that build the capacity of urban school leaders through a strengths-based, partnership coaching model.
- Coach leaders in research-based practices in school leadership and pedagogy, leveraging resources to improve conditions to promote college and career readiness for all students
- Support instructional leadership across content areas by assisting leaders to evaluate and lead data-informed decisions about planning, instruction, and assessment
- Utilize various digital tools in the execution of site-based and blended coaching implementations
- Assist schools with their understanding of leadership organizational goals consistent with project expectations
- Analyze diagnostic, common assessments and formative assessment data to inform individualized leadership coaching plans
- Report progress, schedules, strengths and weaknesses of the coaching relationships to required school partners and Catapult Learning team members, managers and operators
- Enter coaching logs into Catapult systems, create reports, including regular monitoring and adherence to PD project plans
- Deliver engaging, effective adult professional learning opportunities in-person or virtually leveraging Catapult Learning’s catalog of PD modules
- If needed, contribute to customization and revision of professional development modules, products, and service delivery protocols in preparation for assigned events
- Work closely with Catapult Learning’s Regional Operators, to execute PD project plans
- Master’s Degree or Higher in related Education field(s), i.e. Administration, Leadership, Policy
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience
- Minimum 5 years successful experience supporting schools to improve student achievement
- Willingness to travel (Pittsburgh, PA local talent preferred)
- Experience in strengths-based coaching, leading and supporting leaders
- Strong record of helping students achieve academic success, with particular focus on Title I, English Learners, and Students with Disabilities.
- Demonstrated analysis of achievement data in order to understand, interpret and improve student performance
- Participate in Catapult Learning professional learning opportunities as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as being organized, consistent and reliable, understanding, excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to maintain a part-time schedule of assignments
Catapult Learning is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.