Operations Director-Business Expansion
Operations Director - Business Expansion
Reports To: Division Director of Operations
This individual will work with Catapult regional and corporate departments to enable the development and execution of plans that result in the timely and effective establishment of new Catapult operating programs. Being adept at leading inter-departmental teams, this person will ensure that all appropriate project timelines are in place and being followed in accordance with governing protocols and procedures. This individual will oversee the purchasing, receipt, and related logistics and record-keeping to ensure timely receipt of required material resources. Director will oversee the organizational plan related to onboarding and training of new staff. will develop new, or modify existing, processes and procedures to and serve as a liaison between and among regions and support departments to promulgate best practices to ensure the efficient setup of replicable programs throughout the country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate necessary resources, coordinate schedules, and provide assistance and direction to appropriate personnel to begin new programs within contractual guidelines.
- Working with central support departments, develop, or amend existing, protocols to ensure consistency of excellence in start-ups in several places at once.
- Lead field teams and provide on-site assistance, as needed, to deploy new programs consistent with the protocols.
- In alignment with contract requirements, establish start-up project timelines and
coordinate and facilitate the efforts of all appropriate internal and external parties to ensure on-time results.
- Work with field management, to secure needed materials expediently in accordance with agreed-upon prices and delivery terms.
- Work with local management and Human Resources to recruit, hire, and onboard program staff.
- Ensure that related record-keeping such as inventory tracking, documentation & contract administration, and database integrity are in compliance with governing standards.
- In partnership with the Academic Team, help local managers understand their role in the ordering process, including providing them with access to materials lists, the process for ordering all program materials, and provide trouble-shooting support to ensure timely acquisition of materials and other necessary resources.
- Outline procedures for creating teacher and student schedules and outline the process for scheduling teacher training in cooperation with the Academic Team.
- Initiate “Start-Up Calls” as they are needed, to assist field operators in gearing up for their program start-ups.
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams to accomplish on-going accountabilities.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of related experience in the areas of education or business, or the equivalent. Experience working with school districts preferred. Prior project management and budget development and management experience a must. Proven track record in effectively leading inter-departmental teams is required. Excellent interpersonal, process improvement, verbal, written, and organizational skills are required. Must have the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Candidate must possess a sense of urgency, understanding of education environment, ability to lead and work in cross-functional teams, flexibility, and team orientation. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office 365, with a strong background in Excel. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively and prioritize. Strong time management skills are required.