Special Education Teacher
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral support to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. Every child deserves to reach their full potential. We’re looking to hire exceptional Special Education Teachers in our schools in the Philadelphia, PA, area who will be essential in fueling student success.
Why Join Us?
Are you looking for a new opportunity to make an impact in the lives of students? Join us at SESI Schools, where we prove what is possible for students with unique needs. We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive Salary Range
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $2,625
- Other great benefits like a Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and Pet Insurance
- Continued training, mentorship, and opportunities for growth
The Special Education Teacher will implement a highly systematic assessment, curriculum, instruction, and behavior model that is rooted in best practices. Our teachers and staff provide individualized academic and behavioral interventions with an innovative learning approach, personalized attention, and all the necessary support services students need to thrive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach them knowledge and skills, nurture their confidence and character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
- Develop and maintain individualized lessons that provide a balance of standards-based and skills-based instruction aligned with the student’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Utilize the school’s behavior support and intervention strategies
- Implement de-escalation techniques, crisis management, and physical restraint if necessary to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI, local, state, and/or federal agencies including but not limited to Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), Behavior Intervention Plans, Incident Reports, High-Risk Evaluation Forms, etc.
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress toward academic, social, and emotional goals
- Supervise students and ensure they are always monitored, including to and from appropriate locations within the school
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Other duties assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning Required
- Valid PA Special Education Teacher Credential Required
- Commitment to learning and implementing feedback
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.