NOC Specialist III
About this role:
The candidate of choice will be responsible for hands-on automation of Enterprise Network as well as providing operational support for the IBM Tivoli Netcool suite ensuring high system availability. The candidate should have experience with administering and maintaining an enterprise-level monitoring and automation software platform as well as a focus on predictive analytics. The selected candidate will be expected to work in a team environment developing and maintaining a multi-tiered solution.
What you'll do:
- Work with process owners and business analysts to understand the challenges that face NOCs with their handling of Network and application incidents that are derived from monitoring.
- Recommends viable solutions towards improving the effectiveness of the platform.
- Provides input into business peers to better Netcool customer monitoring.
- Provides and contributes solution designs to support projects and enhancements including but not limited to equipment onboarding, MIB structure implementation, probe configuration and metric analytics.
- Performs the software development lifecycle including maintenance of Netcool modules
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule to ensure 24x7 support of the Netcool environment.
- Resolve automation knowledge.
- Competency with tools, dashboards, filters and views development for network monitoring GUIs.
- Experience with designing and implementing automation and triggers within monitoring systems.
- Experience with Unix Operating Systems such as Linux, Groovy, Unix Shell Scripting and Perl or Python Scripting is a plus.
- Experience in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting with Network Monitoring systems, preferably IBM Netcool
- Experience with SNMP logic and process with a focus on MIB and OID structure.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision for you and your family
- Paid Time Off
- 401k - Full-time and part-time regular employees’ eligibility
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance included with your Frontier employment with an opportunity to add more!
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.