Local Manager - Central Office
Frontier’s leadership team will bring to life our Leadership Model focusing on Operations Proficiency, Employee Relations, Community Relations, Competition, and Customer Ownership. From fostering innovation and working cross-functionally to driving performance and delivering results through customer contact and community involvement the Frontier leadership model will allow us to exceed our market growth targets and delivery 100% employee and customer satisfaction. Will provide leadership to supervisory staff and a workforce of Central Office technicians that install and maintain both hi-cap access services, broadband services, central office/transmission equipment. Position duties include meeting service activation and repair commitment dates, maintaining revenue and expense budget objectives and promotion of new and existing company products. This position also plays a key support role with sales, marketing and regulatory organizations in evaluating new business opportunities to determine the appropriate network support costs and time frames associated with new revenue streams.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Has solid understanding and Technical experience with switching, networking, video, transport, and Data.
- Able to articulate business/departmental KPI’s to work groups.
- Holds team accountable to clearly achieving results through coaching and performance management.
- Promotes new/existing products as required.
- Ensures all customers’ requirements and needs are met.
- Collaborate with Regional staff and provide feedback to improve on processes to be more responsive to customers
- Consistently provides feedback and direction to staff to ensure employee development, engagement and business knowledge; complete bi-annual employee performance appraisals/reviews.
- Leverages all employee communication vehicles and opportunities (weekly/monthly/quarterly/one-on-ones) to obtain feedback on departmental goals, gains input on action plans and modifies direction as necessary and to engage and to hold employees accountable to overall business operations and results
- Utilizes and leverages existing employee recognition programs to reward key contributions and positively impact employee morale.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure firm, fair and consistent application of HR practices/policies and labor agreements.
- Ensures employee advocacy and a positive work environment by listening and responding to employee feedback, issues, questions and concerns in a timely manner. (When possible, 24-hour response time to all employee relations issues).
- Responds to issues identified on the Employee Survey, works with teams to ensure continual action planning against issues throughout the year and ensures follow-up to employees on issue resolution identified in action plans.
- Maintain a safe work environment by conducting regularly scheduled safety meetings, applicable safety training and reinforcing state/federal safety requirements within the work place.
- Supports employees that directly interface with the customers by removing barriers, soliciting process improvement suggestions and streamlining the work.
- Holds employees and other departments accountable to meet customer needs/demands. (Does not take “no” for an answer).
- Responds to issues identified on Customer Surveys, works with teams to ensure action plans are developed and ensures follow-up on customer issue resolution identified in action plans.
- Two to four years of prior supervisory experience.
- Must be able to interact with internal/external customers
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work well under pressure and/or with deadlines
- Must possess basic PC skills: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Must take pride and ownership in work, and exhibit a willingness to learn.
- If managing technical staff directly:
- 2-3 years technical working experience with switch, transport, and/or data.
- Advance knowledge of plant service center, central office and outside plant functions
- Basic knowledge of FTTH and data networking
- Must possess basic understanding of electronics, electrical circuitry, network installation, maintenance and testing of central offices
- Must be able to perform complex hardware/software research and provide first level technical support
Education, certification and/or license requirements:
- Must possess a valid state drivers license and a clean driving record
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion/certification in related technical fields or vendor equipment desired
- BA/BS in Telecommunications, Operations Management or Business Administration preferred
- CCNA, PMP or CWNP a plus
Environmental Factors/Physical Requirements:
- Must be available 24/7 to support off-shift technicians and emergency situations as needed.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.