Director, IT Architect
Director, Enterprise Integration
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include FiOS® by Frontier® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Frontier Business offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Who We Are Looking For
The Director of Enterprise Integration will manage the TIBCO integration team and provide strategic direction for ongoing application and process integration at Frontier. This role will work with both the business and Information Technology (IT) organizations, which requires the ability to efficiently and effectively communicate and interact at multiple levels, including working teams and senior leadership. Candidates should possess a creative vision for integration. Their efforts will be focused across all layers of technology, including Business Architecture, Information Architecture/UX, Application/Integration Architecture, Data Architecture, and Infrastructure Architecture (both Network and IT). This person is also responsible for managing and developing the ESB Team. The ESB team provides integration resources for key projects to assist in complex integration design and/or validate alignment to integration standards to ensure functionality, scalability/performance, security, maintainability, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Clearly lead the collaborative development of an enterprise integration strategy that matches IT’s stated goals and technology strategy
- Clearly lead the collaborative development of an integration roadmap(s) that supports Frontier’s integration needs.
- Clearly lead the collaborative development of integration standards in support of consistency, performance, security, efficiency, cost and other strategic considerations
- Maintain an understanding the business’ needs, system functionality and processes to align integration strategy with areas of growth and potential cost savings.
- Identify new technologies, industry trends, and best practices, which should be incorporated into integration policies & roadmap
- Provide strategic guidance for projects, including the supporting solution designers working on projects with the evaluation of integration architectural options
- Define and facilitate the integration processes, including the reporting and oversight of TIBCO deployment
- Manage the enterprise’s ESB organization, consisting of direct and indirect reports. This includes hiring, training, staff development, and performance management
- Liaise with other teams to ensure alignment with integration architectures, thus ensuring our architecture meets total requirements for supportability, scalability and security
- Coordinate with the technology and business organizations for strategic integration architecture initiatives and proof of concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree a plus
- 15+ years’ experience in Information Technology
- 10 years of team leadership experience
- Working knowledge of large-scale integrated enterprise solutions, supporting integration patterns and associated technologies
- Experience with the TIBCO products desirable - BusinessEvents, TIBCO SOA stack (TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks v5.13 and/or v6, TIBCO Enterprise Message Service, TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Plug-ins for REST and JSON, Database, WebSphere MQ, ActiveSpaces) desired. If no Tibco experience, experience with other ESB tools such as MuleSoft, Apache Camel, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence at all levels and lead cross-functional teams in an environment of competing interests and limited resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills complemented by solid business and technical background, and keen interest in business operations, process improvement, and change impact.
- Expert problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.